As always, the Gather 2013 unconference was excellent. I used a mind map to present on building a responsive editable website, real cheap, using Foundation and SurrealCMS (and also Apache, NearlyFreeSpeech and Bitbucket). The mindmap links to all the documentation.
I also got to participate in these sessions:
- Gather workshops to teach high school students, and link them with the IT industry. Hopefully I’ll be running a workshop in Christchurch at some point.
- Node.js depicted as a hyperactive squid
- You can’t actually finish something until you decide what finished is
- Website speed matters: uptime/response time monitoring, real user monitoring, performance benchmarking
- How can we encourage businesses to actually use ultra-fast broadband in ways that make a difference to NZ?
- Women in tech roundtable: some progress since last year, some way still to go
And my Three Amigos team (which included one amiga, but we’re inclusive) won the Angry Client game! Woot!